The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement (ODECE) at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks nominations for the 28th Annual Equity and Excellence Awards. This award is designed to recognize students, staff and faculty who have successfully and effectively worked to promote the principles of diversity and inclusive excellence in teaching, learning, higher education program management, or leadership practices and execution. The recipients will be honored at the Equity and Excellence Celebration on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at the Glenn Miller Ballroom.
Undergraduate and Graduate Student Awards
The nomination package should include a minimum of three endorsements per nominee, at least one of which should be from faculty or staff. These submissions should describe the nominee’s academic achievements and service to the overall University community as well as to and/or on behalf of our diverse communities. Nominations and supporting submissions are welcome from any member of the CU-Boulder campus community.
Students nominated should meet the following criteria:
• Demonstrated academic achievement;
• Demonstrated outstanding service to the University community; and
• Demonstrated noteworthy service to or on behalf of CU’s diverse communities.
Faculty and Staff Awards
All staff and faculty are eligible. The nominee should be someone whose professional service best exemplifies the commitment to equity and excellence in higher education. The nomination package should include a minimum of three endorsements per nominee. Nominations are welcome from any member of the CU-Boulder campus community.
These submissions should focus on the nominee’s accomplishments in, and efforts toward promoting the principles of diversity and inclusive excellence in:
• Higher education program management, or
• Leadership practices and implementation among students, staff or faculty.
* Diversity includes, but is not limited to: ethnicity, race, gender, age, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, religion, disability, political viewpoints, veteran status, gender identity/expression, and health status.
Directions: A complete nomination package includes a minimum of three submissions per nominee. The primary nominator should be responsible for ensuring the nomination package is complete with a minimum of three submissions. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 303-735-1332.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Nominations are due March 5, 2013.